In his quest to become the President of Ghana for the second term, flagbearer of the biggest opposition party, the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama has made so many promises for Ghanaians to consider bringing him back.
John Dramani Mahama after succeeding the late John Evans Atta Mills won the 2012 elections in court and went head to head with NPP’s Nana Akufo Addo in the 2016 elections where he lost miserably.
Nana Akufo Addo who won in a landslide victory in the 2016 election also made so many promises to Ghanaians with FREE SHS being the most promising one amongst them but per the citizens’ comment, Nana Adoo has failed to fulfil most of his promises and with the 2020 polls approaching, Nana Akufo Addo’s failings have reinforced John Dramani Mahama to make promises in a bid to stage a second term in office.
And since Ghanaians are often swayed by promises, we think these mouthwatering promises John Dramani Mahama has made that he says he’ll implement when he comes to power could get him the nod.
The ultimate question is was he able to fulfil most of the promises he gave in the build-up to the 2016 election?
Below are 16 promises made by John Dramani Mahama that could make him win election 2020.
1. Expand and double the capacity of the 37 Military Hospital.
2. Construct two international-standard Infectious Diseases Centres.
3. Establish two additional international research centres.
4. Establish a National Infectious Disease Response Plan.
5. Make Ghana safe for journalists.
6. Bring back companies collapsed by NPP.
7. Six Regional Hospitals in new Regions
8. Build six new Universities in new Regions.
9. Free Technical and Vocational Education.
10. Cancel Teacher National Service and Licensure Exams.
11. Comprehensive review of free SHS.
12. Complete the abandoned E-blocks
13. complete the abandoned hospital projects
14. Reduce the size of govt by 40 ministers
15. Fix the Eastern corridor road
16. Dualise Aflao, Cape Coast and Kumasi roads.